We are constantly bombarded with the idea of perfection, through social media, radio stations, and TV advertisement. Often times the emphasis is on your general appearance. But being your best self and showing up as such is much more than your physical attributes and dress. Being your best self from the inside, and feeling confident in any room you enter is the most important attribute.
I have attended interviews many times in the past and always feel the need to take hours ironing my clothes, styling my hair, practicing my answers, so to present my best self. Although nothing is wrong with the process, I really desire to shine through intellectual challenges and physical strength. The truth is, we all have that perception of our best self. Our ideal self! Sharing the steps I’ve taken to being my best self, below
Here are 10 Steps to Being your Best Self
- Go to bed on time. I have a set bedtime and its 9:00 pm. My body is programmed so well, that at 9:00pm my eyes will close, no matter where I am at that time (even at a party).
- Wake up 1 hour before work– meditate, pray, or practice some for of mindfulness. Daily affirmations are a great start to any day
- Pack a lunch for work– Ive found this to be extremely help for more than one reason. But it is a necessary step to reduce your chances of unhealthy eating
- Drink water
- Set goals that are attainable
- Spend your time wisely!!!- One of the things I struggle with currently is balancing my social media platforms. Im shocked how much mu screen- time is every week. One way, To counter this increase in screen time is to place your phone of sleep mode9 bed time setting). This has helped cut my screen time down by 1-2 hours a day
- Motivate yourself– Self Affirmations my friends, Use it
- Learn how to say NO– Now I still have a difficult time with saying NO at times, but I have gotten so much better. Remember not to spread yourself thinly.
- Believe in yourself
- Wear a smile– smiling has been shown to boot your mood.