- 1 cup heavy cream/ whipping cream
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (red and green used)
- 1tsp salt
- black pepper
- Red peper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Chilli pepper (added to sautéed spinach)
- 6 Eggs
- 4-5 slices of TURKEY BACON or bacon of your choice (diced)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- Dutch oven/ heavy cast iron pot for stovetop cooking. A lid will be needed
- 3/4 cup spinach (frozen used)
- Place eggs, heavy cream, salt, black pepper and pepper flakes into a bowl and whisk together. Be careful not to over whisk the eggs. Set aside.
2. In a frying pan add 2 TBSP butter, and allow to melt. Into pan place diced onions, bell peppers and spinach. Cook until onion is translucent.
3. Allow adequate time for frozen spinach to cook. Fresh spinach will require less time.
4. 1/2 tsp chilli powder added for extra flavor (optional)
5. Cut bacon slices into diced pieces. In a pan fry until brown. 1/2 TBSP butter can be used to fry bacon (optional)
6. Remove bacon pieces from frying pan and prepare to assemble cheese, egg mixture , bacon and sautéed spinach
7. In your desired pot/dutch oven place the egg mixture first. Then, add spinach/ vegetable mix. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and top with bacon pieces.
8. Place Lid and allow to cook
9. Cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until eggs no longer jiggles and has a set consistency.
10. Remove after 20-25 minutes and enjoy
- Cut into 8 slices. On overage each slice is 3grams net carb