- 2 eggs
- 3 TBSP Almond Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 TBSP butter (melted) or Olive oil
- salt to taste (Skip salt if salted butter used)
- Turkey bacon or bacon of your choice
- In a mug of your choice, place 1 tbsp butter and microwave for 15-20secs until butter melts.
- Add 1 large egg to melted butter or oil, 1 tsp baking powder, 3 TBSP of Almond flour (Red Mill used), pinch of salt and sprinkle of dry rosemary(optional)
- Using a fork, beat ingredients together until smooth consistency
- Once combined together, take the mug with mixture and place into microwave.
- Microwave for 1.5-2mins and remove.
- Turn over the mug and remove “muffin”
7. Slice “muffin” down the middle
Muffin can be used for anytime of sandwich of your liking. Avocado toast would also work well here!
7. To continue making breakfast sandwich. Use heavy cast iron/ frying pan and cook bacon (2) slices and 1 egg.
8. Toast the two pieces of “muffin” to your liking
9. Assemble sandwich. Add egg, bacon to form sandwich. Cheese can also be added for a hearty Keto breakfast sandwich.
- NET CARBs- 4-5 grams Carbs
- Adding cheeses to breakfast sandwich is ideal. For my personal goal, I did not add cheese
- The taste of “muffin” is more egg like than bread, but it does have softness to its texture