INGREDIENTS FOR CRUST
- 1 1/2 lb cauliflower (florets only)
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Place a piece of parchment paper onto a pizza peel if you plan to use a pizza stone (recommended), or a pizza pan.
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor until they are the consistency of rice. (Use the grate attachment if you have one.)
- In a saute pan on the stove, stir fry the cauliflower for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is very soft. (This is important! The texture will be off if it’s still crisp, so keep cooking until nice and soft.)
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the egg. Stir in the parmesan cheese. If using Italian seasoning and garlic powder, stir those in as well.
- When the cauliflower rice is cooked through and soft… Stir the cauliflower rice directly into the egg/cheese mixture. You may need to press with a spatula.
- Spread the “dough” onto the parchment paper with your hands, to about 1/4″ thick. You can make one large pizza or two smaller pizzas, depending on which option you chose in the previous step.
- Bake for about 20 mins until the top is dry and firm, and the edges are a little golden.
- Let the pizza crust cool at room temperature to firm up more. Add desired toppings. Return to the oven 10min.
- Recipe from Wholesumyum
- I added pesto sauce instead of tomato sauce as the base of my pizza