Yes, Let’s talk about it!
How do you know? How do you know its time to walk away from a job?
Often times, the writing is on the wall. There can be numerous reasons why you’ve gotten the “itch” to search for new jobs. But, how do you know it is the right decision for you to step away from the career or job that you are in currently.
I am no expert, but I have left one or two job positions in the past and here’s what Ive found to be clear indications that it is time to move on to a new environment.
- You find it difficult to go into work for your shift. Previously, you were eager and excited to go to your job. Maybe you felt like you were making a real difference at work, but now you cannot find the zeal to even get dressed for work.
- You find reasons to leave work early often
- You spend less times around your colleagues. Before, you might have grab a drink or dinner after work, but now, you rush to go home and not spend additional time with workmates
- You find your self “just seeing what is out there”. Ive always called this “the itch”. It’s when you put your resume out just to see if theres interest or you call a friend and ask about positions where they work.
- You do not feel heard or supported by your superiors at work
- Toxic work relationships
- The job makes it difficult for you to maintain a work-life balance. It affects your marriages, friendships, kids or other significant relationships
- No longer believe it is apart of your purpose in life
- You spend most of the day complaining about your job, the staff, your boss and work environment
- You got a better offer!