I returned from my medical conference yesterday! After spending five days away, I really wanted to come home and sleep in my own bed. But, also I wanted to eat some comfort food. Sausage, peppers and onion- Yum, with a twist.
- Half red bell pepper
- 2 bulbs of green onions
- 1 small yellow onion
- olive oil
- 1 bag Brussels sprout
- Sausage- I used the Beyond Meat Hot Italian Sausage
- 2 eggs (fried to your desire-optional)
- crushed red pepper
- disced garlic
- Assemble ingredients. Cut sausage links into desire size and set aside
- Slice red pepper lengthwise, dice onions
3. Clean and cut brussel sprouts into halves
4. In a pot, add 2 tbsp olive oil and allow to get hot. Add cut brussel sprouts to pot and allow to cook until tender.
5. Sprinkle in salt, black pepper, minced garlic and crushed red pepper
6. Once cooked to desires tenderness, remove from pot and place in a dish
7. Into the same pot, add an additional 1-2 TBSP olive oil. Place your sausage into the pot and allow to cook. Turn over for even brown and cooking on both sides.
8. Once cooked evenly, add sliced peppers and onions to pot.
9. Sprinkle salt, black pepper and Italian season for flavoring. Allow vegetables to get tender, but firm. Remove from stovetop
Optional– I added two fried eggs
- The Beyond sausage was delicious. I am not a pork eater and I find most sausages, have a mixture of porn and beef, so this was a safe option for me, Use any sausage of your desire
- This meal would be Keto approved. Net Carbs 4.5 per cup of Brussels spout sprout and 4 nets carbs/ sausage link. Be mindful about serving size.